Help Us Achieve Our Goals, Strive for Success!
Strategy goals identified by the United Way of Johnson County to lessen the education gap:
- Reading proficiency is at 74.7% for 4th graders, the vision is to increase this to 83% by 2020.
- Current High School graduation rate is 91.3%, the vision is to increase this to 94.2% by 2020
- 87.2% of Graduated students plan to attend 2yr or 4yr program, the vision is to increase this to 91.5%
Strive for Success helps accomplish these goals by offering the following programs and support:
- Students have one on one academic support and encouragement from licensed teachers and mentors.
- Access to year-round, real world, enrichment programs
- STEM initiatives aligned with the careers of tomorrow
- 100% high school graduation for all ethnic and diverse backgrounds
- Preparing students for college, vocational schools, and readiness for life